How to Install CATIA V5?
March 28, 2022
We have created an installation guide to aid customers who want to attempt installing CATIA V5 themselves.
Note: Be sure that your workstation is fully supported to install the software. For certified workstations, please go to https://www.3ds.com/support/hardware-and-software/hardware-and-software-configurations/
Download Installation File
- Go to: 3ds.com/support/download/
- Select Access your Download.
- Login using your Dassault credentials.
- Select V5.
- Select the appropriate Release year and select Golden from the Level drop-down menu.
- Find the required edition of CATIA (P3, P2, or P1). Ensure that the files are for WIN64 and proceed to download files.
If there are several download icons showing, make sure to download all the files.
We recommend using 7-Zip to unzip the files. If you do not have 7-Zip, you can download it by going to their website, click here.
- Highlight all the downloaded zip files.
- Right-click and go to 7-Zip->Extract Here.
- You should end up with a single extracted folder.
Running the Install (1 of 4)
- Open the extracted folder > 1 to locate the setup.exe file. Right-click to run as administrator.
- Click Next in the installer to continue.
Running the Install (2 of 4)
- Leave everything as default for the next couple of screens and press Next to continue.
Running the Install (3 of 4)
- Click Install.
Running the Install (4 of 4)
- Click Allow access on the Security Alert prompted during installation.
- Click Finish once the installation is complete.