SOLIDWORKS Installation Guide 2020 – Standalone License
October 29, 2020
SolidWorks Hardware Prerequisites
- Operating System: Windows 10, 64-bit
- Random Access Memory (RAM): 16 GB or more
- Processor: 3 GHz or higher
- Graphic Card: Certified cards and drivers
Tips To ensure Smoother Upgrading Process
- Log into Windows as the Local Administrator account
- Temporarily Disable Antivirus/Antispyware
Steps to install SOLIDWORKS 2020
- Insert SOLIDWORKS Installation Disc: Disc 1 /Open installation files folder
- Open the folder and run “Setup” application as administrator
- Select “ Install on this computer “, click “ Next “
- Input each product Serial Number in their respective product selection, Click “ Next ”
(Note: This will be auto filled up if existing SOLIDWORKS is detected.)
- Review the warnings before continuing. Click “ Next”
- Select “Create a new Installation”, click “Next”. If you choose to retain the previous version, this option will install multiple versions in your computer.
Select “Upgrade a previous major release” to delete an existing version and upgrade it to the current version, click “Next “
- Make sure the summary page points to the correct version of SOLIDWORKS that you are going to install/upgrade. Click on “Change” next to products.
- You can view the package that you are going to install. At this page, you can customize the products that will be installed. If the package is incorrect, you can change for the correct package via the link “Select different packages or products”. Click “ Back to Summary ”
- Click on “Change” Next to Installation options.
- To keep the installation files neat, add a suffix version name to the default folder, Click “ Back to Summary ”
- Click on “Change” Next to Toolbox/Hole Wizard options
- Select “Create a new SOLIDWOKRS Toolbox”. Click “Back to Summary”
Select “Use an existing SOLIDWOKRS Toolbox”. Click “Back to Summary”
- Read the License Agreement, Checked the box to accept the terms, Click on “Install Now”
- Click on Finish and your SOLIDWORKS is ready to use!
For all the Technical Support related queries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +65 6226 3784
Visit us at www.seacadtech.com