When the Activation/Reactivation is required?
All the SOLIDWORKS license needed to activate on the workstation and activation will be linked to the computer ID which is related to the Windows OS, Hardware specs during the activation.
Important: Before reformatting the windows OS or changing hard disk, graphics card or adding RAM, Make sure to transfer/deactivate the license and then after reformatting or changing the license reactivate the license.
This Activation guide can be used for SOLIDWORKS 2022 Version or lower.
4. Select “Automatically over the internet (recommended)”. – (Internet Connection required) and key in your email address for documentation purposes, and click “Next”.
5. It will Connect to SOLIDWORKS server and activate license.
6. Activation Succeeded. And the product(s) activated will be shown under the dialogue box. Click “Finish” and SOLIDWORKS will be launched automatically.
Sometimes SOLIDWORKS license need to be reactivated after upgrading the SOLIDWORKS license packages.
Eg: Upgrading SOLIDWORKS Standard to SOLIDWORKS Professional/Premium or SOLIDWORKS Professional license to Premium license.
Steps to reactivate the license:
In case if your company has restricted access to the internet, then the SolidWorks license can be transferred/Deactivated manually via email.
2. Choose Manually via email and click Next.
3. Follow the steps on the picture above. (Make sure not to close this window until you receive the response text file)
For all Technical Support related queries please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at +65 6226 3784
To know more about our products, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +65 6372 1416