Copy / Move Detailed View in SOLIDWORKS Drawing
With all of the information you need to show on your sheets they get rather full and complicated. You might want separate sheets with Section and Detail views. If you try creating a new sheet to add these views, you will notice they are greyed out. Section and Detail views require a parent view to reference. Since this new sheet has no views, you cannot create these child views.
Several methods to move a drawing view
- Ctrl + C copy, Ctrl+ V paste;
- Ctrl + Hold left mouse drag/drop, copy/paste
- Hold left mouse drag/drop, move
Parent view: Views that the target views depends on
Child view: Views which are dependent on the target view.
copy a Detail or Section View from one drawing to another
- Copy the parent view.
- Copy Detail or Section View at the same time.
If you only copy the detail/section view, then you will get this error message” The item on the clipboard cannot be pasted here”
If you copy both the parent and the Detail or Section View at the same time, then you can copy.
- Follow us on our SEACAD Facebook and LinkedIn page for the latest update
- To know more about other products, email to email@example.com or contact us at +65 63721416
- For any technical support related queries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +65 6226 3784
- For training courses, check out the schedule here