Create the Mate Controller
This article focuses on the steps to create the Mate Controller. The Mate Controller is used to create mate-based motion. Multiple positions are created, each with a different set of numeric mate values. The steps to create Mate Controller:
- In Assembly, create mate that include supported mates for Mate Controller. The supported mate types include: Angle, Distance, limitAngle, LimitDistance, Slot and Width mates.
- Go to Insert> Mate Controller to insert Mate Controller.
- You can click Collect All Supported Mates, SOLIDWORKS will automatically choose all supported mates.
- Or you can choose mates by click on mates.
- Reorder the mates using the up and down arrows to create the order.
- The Position 1 is default starting position. Click Add Position to create Position 2.
- Change the value for Position 2. Then continue for others positions.
- Change the time value for each position.
- Click Calculate Animation to calculate the frames and play animation.
- Click to Saves the animation as an AVI or other file type if you want to save the animation to video file.
- Click Ok to complete the mate Controller. The Mate Controller is stored below the Mates folder in Featuremanager design tree.
Look out for more blogs on different topics and products on our SEACAD Website.
For more post also check out and follow the SEACAD Facebook and Linkedin page.
To learn about the SolidWorks Products, Check out our Training Schedule in the SEACAD Website under the Training Calendar. Including more than 15 Free Advanced Skill Building Courses (Only for Subscribed Customers)