How to create User Defined Tool in Solidworks CAM
1. Create a solid model for User Defined Tool
Sketch Rules for user Defined Tools:
- The sketch must be made from the Solidworks Default plane (Front).
- The geometry can contain only lines and arts. Splines are not supported.
- The centerline of the tool must start at X = 0 in the sketch .
- The bottom center of the tool must start at 0,0. Relative to the sketch X zero all geometry must be positive. Relative to the sketch Y zero, geometry can be positive or negative.
- The axis of the tool must be vertical and pass through Solidworks 0,0.
- The geometry must be closed and observe the rules required to make a solidworks solid of revolution.
2. Convert Solidworks model to .mt file
- Click User defined tools and holders command.
- Select correct file type.
- Select save to location. And click OK
3. Add tool to Technology Database
- Open the Technology Database, Click Mill Tooling – Form Cutter – User defined Tools
- Select tool from list and click Copy. – The tool added to the bottom of list and selected.
- Set tool parameters. For Tool name & path: select the tool from the saved location.
- Click Save and close dialog.
4. Add and select User defined tool to Tool Crib
- Open tool crib tab, right click on Tool Crib – Add tool from Library.
- Select User defined tool.
- Select Radius Form tool , Click ok
- User defined tool succeed added to Crib.