What is a Grey Folder or File in PDM Vault View?
Sometimes you will see a grey folder or file in the PDM vault view. So what are they for?
Grey folder or file means that a local folder or a local file that is in the local file vault view cache but not in the file vault. The reason could be a folder or a file that was deleted, renamed or moved in the PDM vault by users. It could also mean that the currently logged in user lacks permission to access the folder or file.
When browsing through folders and files in the PDM vault view, copies of the folders and files will be cached locally. The local copies will remain in the cache even when the user logs out of the vault view. If the user wants to remove the local cache, he/she can go to Tools > Clear Local Cache under the file vault view.
Note that cache local copies will take up hard disk space if not removed.
To automatically remove the grey folder or file, you can follow the below steps:
- Go to Administration Tool > Users > Settings
2. Click Explorer and select the below option.
If you do not want to view the grey folder or file when you log in to the PDM vault, you can turn on the below option.
- Follow us on our SEACAD Facebook and LinkedIn page for the latest update
- To know more about other products, email to email@example.com or contact us at +65 63721416
- For any technical support related queries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +65 6226 3784
- For training courses, check out the schedule here