Installation Guide for SOLIDWORKS 2018
- Log in as the Local Administrator on the computer. This is to ensure that you have full permissions on the entire machine.
- If using any Anti-virus or Antispyware, it should be completely disabled before the installation. Once the installation is finished, it can be turned back ON.
- If you are running Windows 7/8/8.1(64 bit), it is recommended to disable your user account controls as it will cause conflicts during the installation.
*SOLIDWORKS 2015 and above can only be installed in 64-bit system.
- Insert the SOLIDWORKS 2018 DVD.
- Right-click on “exe” file, select “Run as Administrator”.
- In the SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation manager, select “Individual (on this computer)” and click Next.
- In the SOLIDWORKS 2018 Installation manager “Key in your Serial Number” and click Next (NOTE: If you have earlier version of SOLIDWORKS installed, please select: NEW Installation instead of upgrade from current version)
- On the summary page, click “CHANGE” under “Installation Location”
- Under Installation Location, click “Browse” and add “2018” to the end of the installation folder. (C:\Program files\SOLIDWORKS Corp 2018). Click “OK” and “Back to Summary”.
- Under “Toolbox/Hole Wizard Options”, click “Browse” for “Create a new 2016 Toolbox”. Type “2016” at the end of the current folder location (C:\SOLIDWORKS Data 2016), click “OK” and “Back to Summary”.
- On the Summary page, tick “I accept the terms of the SOLIDWORKS” and click “Install Now”.
- Upon the completion of the installation, click “Finish“
- Restart the workstation after the installation
- Launch SOLIDWORKS to activate the standalone license on the workstation. A pop-up box with message “No SOLIDWORKS license activated, please activate the license“, select “Yes“
- Select “I want to activate my SOLIDWORKS product now“, and click “Next“
- Select “Automatically over the internet (recommended)”. – (Internet Connection required) and key in your email address for documentation purposes, and click “Next“.
- Connect to SOLIDWORKS server and activate the license.
- Activation Succeeded. And the product(s) activated will be shown in the dialogue box
- Click “Finish” and SOLIDWORKS will be launched automatically.
- Follow us on our SEACAD Facebook and LinkedIn page for the latest update
- To know more about other products, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +65 63721416
- For any technical support related queries, please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at +65 6226 3784
- For training courses, check out the schedule here