GearTeq™ is a property driven gear design program. It is not the intent of GearTeq to replace your CAD system but to augment the CAD system with a user interface that will allow the gear designer to accurately visualize the components before they are modeled in the CAD system. With CAD like features, you can view components with drag, rotate and multiple zooms options. You can also drive the components for immediate animation!
A GearTeq™ component can be a CAD part by itself. The component can be part of a set of components that make up a single CAD part. For example, a spur gear is a single component but this spur gear may have an internal spline as a child mate that is defined as a bore. When created in CAD, the spur gear will be created and the internal spine will be added features of the spur gear. This is also true for mating parts that are defined as joined.
GearTeq™ is available as an add-on for SOLIDWORKS and can also be used standalone. Several different network license options are available for GearTeq™.
- Work on multiple types of components in the same assembly
- See any changes to the geometry instantly on the display window
- Multiple gears created as a single CAD part
- Internal splines can be used as a bore on all components
- Modifying CAD parts created by GearTeq is very easy
- Automatically create assemblies in SolidWorks with proper mating
- Ten standard planetary gear systems are available with a few clicks
- High ratio cycloid set (a single eccentrically mounted planet and a fixed internal gear)
- On screen animations to help you visualize the working gears
- Warnings when GearTeq detects something in your design that may not be proper
- 3D wire frame with some surface shading
- Create XY outputs of the involute points in Excel and text files
- Create data sheets using Excel or text files
- A description of each parameter is in the lower section of the property grid
- Involute profile modification using linear or parabolic deviation for spur and helical gears
- Automatic balance of addendum modification for spur and helical gears
- Create additional tooth profiles that take into consideration the shrinkage of molded plastic gear teeth