Activation/reactivation of SolidWorks (Standalone license)
When the Activation/Reactivation is required?
All the SolidWorks license need to activated on the workstation and activation will be linked to the computer ID which is related to the windows OS, Hardware specs during the activation.
Important note: Before reformatting the windows OS or changing hard disk,graphics card or adding RAM, Make sure to transfer/deactivate the license and then after reformatting or changing the license reactivate the license. This Activation guide can be used for SolidWorks 2018 Version or lower. Follow the steps for Activation of the license:
1. After installing SolidWorks on your machine, you need to activate the license in order to use. To do so, Launch SolidWorks icon.
2. A pop-up box with message “No SolidWorks license activated, please activate the license“, select “Yes“
3. Select “I want to activate my SolidWorks product now “, and click “Next “
4. Select “Automatically over the internet (recommended)”. – (Internet Connection required) and key in your email address for documentation purposes, and click “Next “
5. It will Connect to SolidWorks server and activate license.
6. Activation Succeeded. And the product(s) activated will be shown under the dialogue box.
7. Click “Finish” and SolidWorks will be launched automatically.
When we need to reactivate the standalone license?
Sometimes SolidWorks license need to be reactivated after upgrading the SolidWorks license packages. Eg: Upgrading SolidWorks Standard to SolidWorks Professional/Premium or SolidWorks Professional license to Premium license. To reactivate the license – Open SolidWorks – Go to help menu – Activate licenses. Then follow the same steps 3 – 7 to reactivate the license.
Steps for Manual Activation:
In case if your company has restricted access to the internet, then the SolidWorks license can be transferred/Deactivated manually via email.
1. Open the SolidWorks – Help Menu – Activate license
2. Choose Manually via email and click Next.
3. Follow the steps in the next page. (Make sure not to close this window until you receive the response text file)
To Request for a Quotation or To know more about the SolidWorks, Simulation, Flow simulation and PDM or other products please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at +65 63721416
For all the Technical Support related queries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +65 6226 3784
To learn about the SolidWorks Products, Check out our Training Schedule in the SEACAD Website under the Training Calendar. Including more than 15 Free Advanced Skill Building Courses (Only for Subscribed Customers)
Author: Vishnu Shankar – Engineer Manager at SEACAD Technologies Ltd