Deactivate/Transfer license from server
When will you need to deactivate or transfer your license from the server?
– Before Uninstalling the SolidNetwork license manager server.
– Before Upgrading the SolidNetWorks license manager server.
– Before migrating the SolidNetWork license manager server from old server to the new server also check the windows compatibility for SolidWorks Server products. (See the requirement here)
For upgrade/migration: Transfer/Deactivate out the license from the existing server computer
1. Launch SolidNetwork License Manager Server from Start menu (Start>All Programs> SolidWorks 20XX > SolidWorks Tools> SolidNetwork License Manager)
2. Select “Modify” button in “Server administration” tab
3. Select “Transfer a software license” and click “Next”
4. Select the Serial Number listed within the serial column and “Next >”
5. To activate and obtain the SolidWorks license: Select the product to activate (or click “Select all”, and the activation method. If the computer has an active internet connection, then one can select “Automatically over the internet”. Enter the email address and click “Next” to complete activation
6. Result should show “Deactivation succeeded” and click “Finish”.
For migration: refer to Installing SolidNetwork License Manager (to be hyperlinked to the other guide)
For upgrade: Perform an upgrade of existing Server by referring to the following steps first followed by the steps found in Installing SolidNetwork License Manager.
- Look out for more blogs on different topics and products on our SEACAD Website.
- For more post also check out and follow the SEACAD Facebook and Linkedin page.
- Get a Quote or To know more about the SolidWorks, Simulation, Flow simulation and PDM or other products please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at +65 63721416
- And for all the Technical Support related queries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +65 6226 3784
- To learn about the SolidWorks Products, Check out our Training Schedule in the SEACAD Website under the Training Calendar. Including more than 15 Free Advanced Skill Building Courses (Only for Subscribed Customers)
Author: Vishnu Shankar – Engineer Manager at SEACAD Technologies Ltd