Repair the existing Installation (Standalone License)
When is it required to modify the SolidWorks Standalone Installation?
The below scenarios are when you needed to modify your existing SolidWorks license:
- When there is an error or instability of the software.
- When there is any error when launching the software.
- After installing any 3rd party if the SolidWorks is not stable.
- Software crashing.
Steps for Modifying the Installation:
1. First check the existing SOLIDWORKS Version and Service Pack.(Refer to how to find the serial number, version and service pack guide).
2. Ensure the Copy of the installation files are available. (DVD or the Installation file folder) If the existing version is SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP3.0 then you need the Installation files or DVD of SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP3.0. (Refer to Downloading the installation files guide).
3. Login as administrator. Run the setup.exe or sldIM.exe (sldIM folder) from the DVD or Installation folder. If you are using the DVD you might need to change to DVD 2 if the installation prompt a message to change DVD.
4. In the Installation manager choose Repair the individual installation. Click Next.
5. In the next step – Choose the product to Repair. Click Repair.
6. Repair will be completed.
For more Blogs/Videos Please visit the SEACAD Website and follow the SEACAD Page on Facebook and Linkedin.
To Request for a Quotation or To know more about the Solidworks, Simulation, Flow simulation and PDM or other products please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +65 63721416
For all the Technical Support related queries please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at +65 6226 3784
To learn about the SolidWorks Products, Check out our Training Schedule in the SEACAD Website under the Training Calendar. Including more than 15 Free Advanced Skill Building Courses (Only for Subscribed Customers)
Author: Vishnu Shankar – Engineer Manager at SEACAD Technologies Ltd