Solution for SOLIDWORKS Thumbnail Preview Issue
1. Go to Options —> System Options —> General and check Show thumbnail graphics in Window Explorer as shown below.
2. Go to Options —> System options —> File Explorer -> select all options and click
Restore File Associations and click OK. After that restart the PC and check the
If the problem still persists, kindly go to Method 2.
1. Go to Start —> Right click Computer and click Properties.
2. Select Performance Information and Tools.
3. Click Adjust visual effects.
4. Check Show thumbnails instead of icons and recheck the issue.
If the problems still persists, kindly go to Method 3.
Method 3 – Register sldwinshellextu.dll
1. Open CMD and type CD and press Enter.
2. Type regsvr32 and drag and drop sldwinshellextu.dll from following folder
(C:Program FilesCommon FilesSolidWorks Shared) to your CMD. And delete C: as shown below.
3. Press Enter and your CMD will register correctly as below.
Once registered, restart your PC and check the issue on your PC. If this method still does
not resolve the problem, kindly go to method 4.
Method 4 – Clean Uninstall of SOLIDWORKS and Reinstall
1. Go to Control Panel —> Programs and Features —> Uninstall a program —> Right
click SOLIDWORKS and click Uninstall
2. Go to My Computer —> C Folder —> Program Files —> SOLIDWORKS Corp
version and delete the folder you have.
3. Go to My Computer —> C folder —> Delete SOLIDWORKS Data version.
4. Go to Control Panel —> Uninstall All Microsoft Visual C++ ( from Versions
5. Go to Control Panel —> Uninstall Microsoft Tools for Application Alone.
6. Go to Internet and download .NET Framework Cleanup Tool.
7. Run .NET Framework Clean-up tool to clean up all .NET Framework
versions in your PC.
8. Go to Control Panel —> Programs and Features —> Uninstall a Program.
Look for .NET Framework. If you can see .NET Framework, right click and uninstall it.
9. Go to Start —> Type Services and look for the Antivirus installed on your computer. Right click the Antivirus and stop it.
10. Reboot your PC and reinstall SOLIDWORKS.
Problem will be resolved after reinstalling SOLIDWORKS. If you need any assistance or have any queries, contact us at +65 6226 3784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.