Important: Before reformatting the windows OS or changing hard disk, graphics card or adding RAM, make sure to transfer/deactivate the license and then after reformatting or changing the license reactivate the license.
Manual Activation & Deactivation:
In case if your company has restricted access to the internet, then the SolidWorks license can be Activated and Deactivated manually via email.
2. Select Manually via email, input your email, click Select All, and click Next.
3. Follow the steps in the picture below. (Make sure not to close this window until you receive the response text file)
4. Once it is activated check the Product Activation window ensure all products are activated, then click Finish.
2. Follow Steps 2 and 3 from the Manual Activation Guide
3. Click Finish and SOLIDWORKS will be deactivated.
Note: For Deactivation Succeeded, there will be no products shown in the dialogue box.