Digitalize manufacturing to deliver made-to-order innovation.
The growing trends of the 4th Industrial Revolution - automation, IoT, artificial intelligence, big data analysis, networked communications, machine learning and cloud computing – mark a significant change in the way we work and how we engage with our customers. These emerging technologies are providing advanced and disruptive Industrial Equipment solutions that support the creation, production and delivery of sophisticated and efficient machinery, equipment and components.
Drive Superior performance with true concurrent engineering and unlock the potential to collaborate and innovate
Concurrent Equipment Engineering provides the digital continuity needed to manage all engineering, simulation and manufacturing information consistently. It serves to break the information silos between these and other business disciplines, improving collaboration and accelrating the pace of operations.
Equipment Mechanical Engineering - Drive Superior Performance
The Equipment Mechanical Engineering process allows complete Mechanical Design and Engineering of very complex equipment in a multi-discipline environment leveraging instant collaboration across the Company. This Process includes Simulation for Designers and Engineers allowing structural simulation to be carried over without the need to get assistance from simulation analysts.
Piping & Tubing Engineering
Improve Piping & Tubing engineering while reducing time and cost in an end-to-end process from requirements to manufacturing
- Design and optimization of pipes, tubes & HVAC systems
- Schematic and 3D design in context of the other disciplines
- Take advantage of specification and schematic driven design
- Automation capabilities to comply with corporate and industry standards
- Facilitate the data generation necessary for manufacturing preparation
Electrical Wiring and Cabling Engineering
Improve Electrical Wire Harness, Cabling and Raceways engineering while reducing time and cost in an end-toend process from requirements to manufacturing.
- Create intelligent schematics for wiring and cabling systems
- Reduce electrical system development time thanks to a synchronization between the Schematics and the 3D
- Prepare quickly high quality manufacturing documentation
- Define document templates that integrate any data from different sources and use them for automatic generation
- Capture and reuse company best practices and expertise
- Manage traceability all along electrical systems lifecycle
Stamping Die Engineering and Machining
A complete coverage of the stamping die manufacturing process from Engineering to Machining in a single digital thread
- Increase design productivity, standardize tooling design practices, automate design tasks and assist in earlier decision-making
- One integrated solution from part design to tooling manufacturing
- Reduce programming time by reusing company best practices
- Improve programming accuracy with advanced machining strategies
- Ensure tool paths are collision free with machine tool simulation
Mold Engineering and Machining
Design, Detail, Validate and Machine Injection Mold
- The Mold & Tooling process enables a flexible and highly customizable approach from conceptual and detailed mold tooling design to machining.
- It enables the user to automate designtasks and assist user decision-making at any step of complex mold design
- It enables capabilities to validate and optimize plastic parts and mold tooling designs by simulating the filling, packing, warpage & mold cooling
- The process delivers the ability to program and simulate milling machines to produce 3D parts that require advanced 2.5-axis and 3-axis milling, axial and probing operations as well as the ability to switch to 5-axis motion
Equipment Structural Engineering
Accelerate Equipment Design, reduce physical testing and avoid product failure and warranty costs with proven predictive simulation solutions
- Provide a collaborative environment to reduce product design cycle time and improve product lifetime performance with virtual validation
- Empower engineers with an end-to-end solution for evaluating a wide variety of structural and durability workflows including structural integrity, thermal stress, fatigue life and fatigue-based shape optimization
- Allow evaluation of any size of design, from excavators to individual parts
- Take advantage of proven predictive technologies, such as best-in-class contact capabilities and advanced non-linear material models that capture the physics realistically
- Leverage the latest technologies such as automated modeling, user procedures and meshing rules to rapidly build large finite element models
Wind Turbine Engineering
Accelerate innovation and reduce costs and time to market with fast prediction of key performance attributes using multidisciplinary simulation solutions
Provides engineers an integrated design and simulation environment to predict and optimize all facets of the wind turbine design, from concept loads through to high fidelity component analysis. Best-in-class tools for analyzing structural performance, mechanism dynamics, blade performance and noise, which enables turbine manufacturers to produce more innovative and efficient designs and to reduce development time and costs, CAPEX and OPEX.
Equipment Operating Performance
Reduce community noise, evaluate product performance and avoid machine breakdwon with high fidelity, multi-physics simulation solutions
- Efficiently design electric machines with proven multiphysics simulation solutions and avoid breakdown and reduce electromagnetic losses
- Improve drivetrain design with state-of-the-art multibody simulations
- Leverage design-embedded fluid solutions to minimize pressure drop through ducts and ensure flow uniformity
- Reduce community noise with best-in-class aeroacoustic solution
- Determine the antenna performance as installed on an equipment; Ensure antenna performance targets are met in the working environment when antenna is embedded into a large device or system
Power and Fluidic Equipment Engineering
Improve product life and evaluate thermal performance with proven, predictive, multi-physics simulation solutions
- Improve the efficiency of power generation turbines, through structural, aerodynamic and thermodynamic simulation
- Explore innovative or bespoke designs without building costly prototypes, and expand operating conditions
- Predict community noise accurately and design effective enclosures for power devices
- Protect electrical machines from electrical and thermal breakdown
Standard Component Management
From classification to standard components reuse; this industry process brings all the capabilities to define and keep track of your standard catalogs, with the following main features:
- Classification arborescence creation and management
- Merging standards across company sites and programs
- Decision publication to engineering to enforce IP "Capture and Reuse" corporate practices
This industry process reunites the worlds of engineers, sourcing and standard components managers with PartSupply Enterprise. It allows you to drive product part reuse, make or buy process, with optimize components catalogs.
- As a component manager, select the components to be used in your company, with both in-house parts and external components from qualified suppliers
- As a designer, search efficiently among the otimized components, and directly insert or replace them in your design.
One Unique Solution to engineer, produce and service fast anywhere
Based on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, Digital Equipment Continuity provides digital continuity across the complete value chain allowing companies to transform from file based to a data driven product structure, and shift from a standalone product portfolio to service-based offerings that support better customer engagements and additional revenue.
From product engineering to manufacturing to service and maintenance, Digital Equipment Continuity provides the accelerated freedom to collaborate, design and produce at an accelerated rate at any location.
Boost Marketing Campaign and Buying Experience
Instant Equipment Showcase is a Marketing and Sales solution enabling Industrial Equipment companies to leverage engineering product models to create innovative and interactive marketing assets. Thanks to dedicated applications for marketeers: Marketing directors can analyze market trends and competitors for better decision making; Artists enable create memorable multi-channel customer experiences and sales representative allow reducing sales costs by showcasing products in a virtual way at fairs, events or showrooms.
Deliver Sustainable Field Integrated Solutions
Based on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and its capability to offer true collaboration between many stakeholders, it offers an Integrated Solution from Idea Generation, Concept to Manufacturing and Service after-sales.
Integrated Heavy Machinery is a game changer because it really allows machine manufacturers for the first time to connect the dots between portfolio definition, product engineering, marketing content creation, manufacturing execution and service engineering enabling true collaboration and facilitating innovations.
It also allows machine manufacturers to spend more time on what they do best: Design and Manufacture best in class machines but also enable them to transform into sustainable field integrated solution providers.
Plan, define and execute operations to manufacture any product anywhere with agility
Ready to Make is a proven solution delivering end to end process for manufacturing across:
- Supply Chain Planning processes optimization with what-if alternative scenario comparison
- Manufacturing Engineering virtual definition and validation as well as machine programming and simulation
- Manufacturing Operations Management bringing significant value to the real world of manufacturing with lean practices, improved efficiencies, throughput and cost savings
It helps you address today's complex manufacturing challenges delivering a global manufacturing solution, ready to embrace the Industry Renaissance.
One unique solution to engineer and produce fast anywhere
Single Source for Speed is a single data driven, model based product backbone that offers digital continuity and governance capabilities - from product engineering to manufacturing to service and maintenance - in one single repository. It allows manufacturing companies to capitalize knowledge, intensify collaboration, improve productivity and stimulate innovation. This creates a flexible yet robust environment that facilitates decision-making, reduces costs and accelerates time to market.
Based on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, Single Source for Speed ensures that up to date holistic product data is available across all group sites, engineering disciplines, production and service. In addition to being user friendly, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform is a true business environment to speed up product development, customer projects and strategic initiatives at all times, everywhere.
SmarTyre allows tire manufacturers to spend more time on designing, validating & manufacturing best in class tires, transforming into mobility providers
Reduce check / project tire
- Allows to reduce the needs in tire samples and thus increase plant availability. There is only a need for final verification of besr suitable design coming from Engineering. It also reduces the need for many prototype molds, which could be very expensive depending on their size (mining for instance).
- It increases Engineering productivity by allowing to iterate more on the design to find an optimum againts customer requirements.
- Less check tires also lead to disruption of the manufacturing operations as less production cut-offs have to be made.
Improve Time to Market
- Customer demands and requirements are met quicker